The Natural Search Experience

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The "Sunday" Experience: Monthly Reflection

The Month of February is used to celebrate several things. With African American History and Valentine Day being the most popular... Check out the list of other occassions that are celebrated in February:
National Sweet Potato Month
National Boost-Your-Self-Esteem Month
National Canned Food Month
National Hot Breakfast Month
National Snack Food Month
National Dental Month
Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month
Chocolate Lover's Month
American Heart Month
American History Month
Creative Romance Month
Human Relations Month
Just to name a few...

Since society and the economy puts a very high emphasis on Valentine Day, I felt it was important to use this edition of the Sunday Experience to speak about Love.

To experience Love is to have an intense feeling of deep affection; to be fond of or to adore.

The Bible defines love in
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

My favorite bible verse that introduced me to God love was John 3:16
-- 16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This taught me that in order to Love.. A sacrifice must be made. God loved the world in such a way he sacrificed his only son. As a parent who loves her only son very much.. This scriptures blows my mind to recognized that God sacrificed this just for ME! So I figured the best way to show God my appreciation is to dedicate my life to him. By dedication, I mean to live my life in such a way that Pleases him. Now let me let you know... This is not a horn tooter message to try and convince anyone that im perfect. Occassionally I make mistakes, go off on a facebook and twitter rant about things that get on my nerves, and I sometimes break the speed limit on my way to work (lol) and before I honestly accepted Jesus as my lord, I was a tripple hott mess. So my halo was a little crooked... even now.. there are times it needs to be readjusted. But I call myself out on my mistakes, repent, and keep it moving to do better. The goal is to strive to please God and not make the same mistakes over again.

But my point is that Love is a sacrifice. What are you willing to Sacrifice to show God that you Love him? What are you willing to Sacrifice to show your spouse and children that you Love them? And lastly..What are you willing to sacrifice for yourself to show yourself that YOU love YOU.

Loving yourself does not mean going to the hair stylist and getting 1000 inches of indian remy yaki sewn in your hair. Or buying material items that you can not afford in order to Impress the public. Nothing wrong with any of these actions (if you can afford it without neglecting your responsibilities.)

Lets explore more about the sacrifice to loving yourself. Women work overtime to take care of our families and to keep our jobs and to run our business. Many of us need to redidcate ourselves back to ourselves. (this is not a ticket to be selfish, lol)

When we neglect to Love ourselves, we look for love in unhealthy relationships. These unhealthy relationships can be formed with food, addictions of any kind, and abusive relationships. So I challenge every woman to set aside some sacrifical time to love yourself. Take time to workout and eat right to improve the quality of your life. Love yourself by improving your mental capacity by surrounding yourself with positive people of faith that can encourage you when you are not feeling so loveable. Set aside time to read your bible or watch faith based programs to increase your spiritual relationship with God.
When we begin to Sacrifically love ourselves, we begin to recognize Gods purpose for our lives, healthy partnerships and relationships are formed and Gods will is lived out in our lives.

Enhance your Natural Experience with the Gift of Love. Get some TODAY! Its Free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment